Vacation 2011

Vacation 2011
Sunflowers!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Do what you can with what you have



As I am sitting here drinking my morning coffee, I have been thinking about this verse. Given my current situation with my eyesight I have the temptation to be depressed and negative about all the things that I can't do, instead of looking at the things I can do.

If we focus on all the things we are not capable of doing at any particular moment then the Devil wins, he gets the satisfaction of a Christian who is complacent and not moving. When we are focused on what we cannot do, we are not doing what we can.

I'm thinking this is not what God has planned for the people He loves and died for. I know that God has a plan and  purpose for each of our lives. That means nothing is a surprise to HIm and nothing is beyond His control or reach. I take comfort in this today. I know God has things for me to do today. All I am to do is do the next thing in front of me.

I pray that God will continue to lead me to what He has for me to do. All any of us can do is do what we can with what we have. God gives us everything we need for each day and each task in front of us. We need to rely on God, HIs power and His strength to work through us as we move forward each day!

We can choose to hope, to move forward, and to live in the joy and grace of God. Our heavenly Father is full of love for us we need to accept the gift and do what we can with what He has given us!

No comments:

Post a Comment